LINC is a collective of employers and community members who value and promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive Lehigh Valley.
To build this collaborative collective LINC:
• Will advance and support the building of a diverse and culturally responsive workforce by expanding the diversity and inclusion knowledge base of our employers and employees
• Will develop inclusive practices to attract and retain a diverse workforce to our business and industry partners in the Lehigh Valley
• Will create partnerships with educators and civic leaders to share the needs of our employees to develop a more inclusive climate in the Lehigh Valley.
LINC defines Diversity, Inclusion and Equity as:
• Diversity as the unique backgrounds with which the members of our workforce identify. This includes and is not limited to our ethnic backgrounds, gender identities, sexual orientation, veteran status, ability status, age, and religious/spiritual affiliations.
• Inclusion as the deliberate act of engaging with our community to support the diverse identities and backgrounds of our workforce. Thus, creating a welcoming, supportive, and more equitable community and working environment for all residents and employees of the Lehigh Valley. This contributes to a sense of belonging and allows all members of our community to contribute to their full potential and thrive.
• Equity as an individual-focused approach to supporting the specific needs of each member of the workforce, moving away from a “one-size fits all” approach and recognizing the unique needs that each member of our organization has.
LINC’s efforts in support of the community will be directed towards creating an inclusive environment where talent is welcomed and have a sense of belonging throughout the Lehigh Valley.